Monday, April 16, 2007

Snot Fun Again

Well, after a ridiculous extension of winter, the weather around here has finally turned the corner and is starting to warm up and allow for outdoor activities. Wouldn't you know it that all three of the kids have now gotten a cold.

Ryan started first and is the worst of the three. The poor little guy has lost his appetite, is running a fever, and all he really wants to do is be held. Perrin is the same and you know Sarah is ill when she doesn't want to eat! I think this is the first time she's ever declined a meal. And of course, they all have runny noses! Sarah is the slimiest, but they're all pretty bad and disgusting.

Speaking of meals, earlier in the day I was busy around the house and the kids were all playing on the floor with their toys, having a good time despite being sick. I went to the bathroom and when I came out, Sarah and Perrin had taken a bag of Pretzel Chips I left next to my computer desk and they spilled them all over the carpet and they had their little faces buried in the piles of pretzel chips, gnawing away like we never feed them. They didn't just knock the bag over either, they completely emptied it out----little bits of crumbs and salt crystals all over the floor.

Once I got them out of the area to clean it up, Sarah kept crawling back to try and grab a few more handfuls for her and Perrin! I had to put her in her jumperoo so that I could vacuum in peace. Yes, they've almost become as active as free range chickens. We've had to wall off so many places because they would run all over the house if we let them. The picture to the left is from the hallway between the kitchen and the living room. No matter what we're doing, they like to follow us through out the day as we clean the kitchen or go there to make them bottles. Now that they are much faster, we had no choice but to install the gate. It cracks me up when they do this, almost like they're demanding to see their lawyer or get their one phone call. If you click on the photo and look in the background, you'll see Ryan hanging out as he makes his way to join the other two.

The other pictures are of Ryan at Easter. I was holding him while I ate dessert and he just decided to help himself. He put his face down on my pound cake (with chocolate syrup) and just went to town gnawing on it. The end result was a baby Hitler mustache! The second one was taken recently first thing in the morning. Generally they wake up in great moods and when I get them up I pick up all three at once (That's almost 60 pounds of baby if you're doing the math) and I then make my way to the front room to change them and we all start off with a big group hug. They usually like it and smile a lot, but it also usually ends up with one of them hitting me or each other and then Ryan gets his hair pulled and the good will falls apart at that point.

My next post will have a pretty big announcement, so stay tuned!

No comments: